'Developing the use of Greenspaces with Host Borough Secondary Schools'
‘DUGSS’ built on previous initiatives (London Outdoor Science & Schools in the Park), and aimed to create outdoor education programs linked to the emerging curriculum and Big Society to secure increased access to greenspace in the 5 Host Boroughs. The project objectives were:
- To increase the levels of learning outside the classroom in Host Borough secondary schools;
- To strengthen links between these schools and Local Nature Reserves;
- To develop links between these schools and volunteering projects;
- To signpost the available practical support to take the natural environment into their school grounds;
- To include a focus on activities which are ‘inspired’ by the Olympic and Paralympics Games.
It was delivered by the Field Studies Council, through FSC London on behalf of Natural England. The funding from Natural England has supported the initial project and development work.